Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Unsent Letters | . . . what you wish you could say.

Michy's gone and done it again! Michelle L. Devon,proprietress of Accentuate Services and Accentuate Writers Forum, has just launched a new website, "Unsent Letters....what you wish you could say." I don't know about you, but as an unfulfilled writer for the majority of my life, I have written literally thousands of letters, that were never mailed. In fact, I have kept many of them over the years because they were just so damn good, I thought they were a good way to capture my emotions about certain good (and bad) times and events in my life. Some were written as an angry consumer, some are to long distance lovers, there are even a few to myself and God.

I once took a life-changing course from "Chicken Soup for the Soul" creator, Jack Canfield where we learned to write unsent letters to individuals in our lives in order to air our grievances or gratitude. These were intentionally meant not to be sent, but rather to "get it off your chest" and move forward in life. I really gained a lot from the experience and have often encouraged others to do this to free themselves from pent up anger and frustration.

"Unsent Letters" PAYS for these literary rants and I can't wait to see the results. I'm sure these letters will be both moving and hysterical. Kudos to Michy!

1 comment:

Michelle L. Devon said...

Thank you! Your enthusiasm is overwhelming and much appreciated! I really appreciate the post too - hope everyone will stop by and check it out, read letters on the blog or submit their own letters for a chance to get published too!

Unsent Letters
Love and stuff,
Michy