Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Trust in God" Lost at Sea

Well this is a huge shot in the dark but I will put it out there for the universe to help me.

My St Lucian husband has three family members missing at sea. Johnny's uncle and two young cousins put out to sea from Vieux Fort, St Lucia this past Monday morning, June 23, 2008 at 3:00 a.m. in a very small fishing boat named "Trust in God." Later that same morning another sailor said he passed them and they were headed for tuna in the waters near St Vincent. They have not been seen since.

The local news finally aired it last night, 4 days after the fact. I phoned the St Lucia Coast Guard this morning just to hear with my own ears that they had alerted the surrounding islands to be on the lookout. I asked if they had alerted the flight dispatchers at the surrounding airports to let small aircraft be on the look out. They assured me they had contacted all the necessary parties.

I know a lot of my friends are still affiliated with American/American Eagle. If you know of any pilots flying the Caribbean or if you can let SJU, MIA, UVF, BGI ...ok I'm forgetting my city codes now... St Vincent, Martinique, St Luca, Barbados, dispatchers know we would be really grateful. We are certain they are without fresh water at this point.

Please pray for the safe return of "Trust in God" and the three brave men aboard her.

No comments: